• High CMRR: typ. 90 dB at 60 Hz typ 85 dB at 20kHz
• Excellent audio performance
– Wide bandwidth: > 8.6 MHz
– High slew rate: 12 V/µs
– Low distortion: 0.0006 % THD
– Low noise: -106 dBu
• Extremely precise internal resistor matching: typ 0.005%
• Low Current: 2 mA
• Three gain versions: 0 dB, ± 3 dB, & ± 6 dB
• Industry-standard pinout
1240-Series Datasheet (135 kB)
Balanced Line Receiver ICs
• Balanced Audio Line Receivers
• Instrumentation Amplifiers
• Differential Amplifiers
• Precision Sum and Difference Networks
• M-S Matrices
• Precision Rectifiers
• Precision gain amplifiers
• Current Shunt Monitors
The THAT 1200-series InGenius® high-common mode rejection balanced line receiver IC overcomes a serious limitation of conventional balanced input stages: poor common mode rejection in real-world applications. While conventional input stages measure well in the lab and perform well on paper, they fail to live up to their CMRR specs when fed from even slightly unbalanced line impedances — a common situation in almost any pro audio environment.
|Common Mode Rejection Ratio||CMRR||60 Hz
|Input Voltage Range||—||Differential – equal & opposite swing||1240
|Output Noise||—||BW = 20 kHz||1240
|Total Harmonic Distortion||THD||—||0.0006||%|
|Power Supply Voltage||—||—||± 3 to ± 18||V|
|Model||Gain||Package||Order Number||Pricing (1000)||Min Order Quantity||Reference|
|1240||0 dB||8 pin DIP||1240P08-U||$2.01||50||Request Samples|
|8 pin SO||1240S08-U||$1.86||98|
|8 pin SO Tape & Reel||1240S08-UR||Contact us||2000|
|1243||3 dB||8 pin DIP||1243P08-U||$2.01||50|
|8 pin SO||1243S08-U||$1.86||98|
|8 pin SO Tape & Reel||1243S08-UR||Contact us||2000|
|1246||6 dB||8 pin DIP||1246P08-U||$2.01||50|
|8 pin SO||1246S08-U||$1.86||98|
|8 pin SO Tape & Reel||1246S08-UR||Contact us||2000|
|1240 Demo Board||—||—||1240DEMO||$100.00||1|
|All 1240-Series parts are RoHS compliant. Minimum order quantity (MOQ) is one tube or one reel. Parts must be ordered in multiples of the MOQ. Samples are available to qualified applicants. Pricing is subject to change.|
|Other Balanced Line Receivers|
|THAT 1240 Series||Single Channel Balanced Line Receivers||1240 Series Datasheet|
|THAT 1250 Series||Low-Cost Single Channel Balanced Line Receivers||1250 Series Datasheet|
|THAT 1280 Series||Dual Channel Balanced Line Receivers||1280 Series Datasheet|
|THAT 1290 Series||Low-Cost Dual Channel Balanced Line Receivers||1290 Series Datasheet|
|Balanced Line Drivers|
|THAT 1606/1646||OutSmarts® Balanced Line Driver||1606/1646 Datasheet|
1240 Series Device Model
– Our SPICE macro models allow modeling of the important parameters of our ICs.
1240 Series Demo Board
– The THAT 1240 Demonstration System (US$100) allows an engineer to test the performance of a THAT 1240 series IC quickly and easily. The 1240 Demo Board is self-contained circuit board with XLR connectors for signal input and output and a 3-pin header for connection to an external regulated DC power supply (not included). See the1240 Demo Datasheetfor more information.
Part Number Cross Reference
– A chart of THAT part numbers cross-referenced to other IC manufacturers.
Line Receiver Selector
– A side by side comparison of the features and specifications of our input stage ICs.
Harsh Environment Packaging
– TT Semiconductor repackages THAT Corporation’s IC products in ruggidized plastic for the medical, aerospace, defense, and heavy industrial marketplaces.
1240 Series Material Data Declaration Sheet
Material Data Declaration Sheets (MDDS) disclose the hazardous materials in our integrated circuits as required by the European RoHS directive.