THAT Corporation, a world leader in audio technology, is currently seeking an IT Manager for their Milford, MA office. The company specializes in the design and manufacture of analog integrated circuits. A small-company atmosphere and music-based culture provides an exciting, dynamic environment where your skills and enthusiasm can really make a difference.
We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our IT systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will manage the implementation and maintenance of our company’s IT needs.
The successful candidate will have strong IT skills, a proven professional experience, and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Supervise information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Provide help-desk resources for all IT users
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Ensure near-100% up-time for all IT resources to the user community
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Monitor and enforce IP licensing policies
- Keep up-to-date with software and hardware trends, review new solutions against the company’s evolving needs, recommend and implement new systems as appropriate
- Monitor our compliance with intellectual property licenses
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Specific responsibilities include the following
Workstation and Help-Desk
- Maintain and upgrade user workstations (hardware and software, mostly Windows, but including some iOS and Linux machines) at all locations (this includes laptops and desktops).
- Recommend and install new workstations and operating systems, as needed.
- Act as the primary resource for solutions to any company computer problems encountered by employees.
- Maintain our LANs in good working order, including performing maintenance and upgrades, making regular backups, fully preparing for disasters, monitoring the status of the LANs and recommending and implementing improvements to hardware and software, as appropriate.
- Recommend and enforce LAN and software standards.
- Recommend, install, and configure routers to maintain seamless connectivity among our branch and remote offices, including VPN for static offices and roaming users.
- Maintain LAN connections to the internet and our relationships with our ISPs to ensure reliable service.
Server, Database, and Email
- Recommend, install, and maintain all computer servers, including file servers, database servers, etc.
- Maintain email systems (currently hosted off site).
- Recommend, install, and maintain all telephone systems at all locations, including VoIP and POTS.
- Ensure 100% up-time telephone connectivity for all emergency services (including intrusion, fire, and hazardous materials alarm systems).
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field, preferred
- Proven work experience as an IT professional
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data management and data governance
If you are an experienced IT professional who wants to become an important part of a company’s success, then we want to speak to you regarding this great opportunity as our IT Manager. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits in a casual, hard-working, small company environment.
Send resume or letter of interest and experience to HR Manager. No agencies please.